Simple Homemade Face Mask Recipes That Work
Since you are cooped up at home, take this opportunity to give your skin the attention and care it deserves. Guess what, everything you need is already in your pantry. Here are five all-natural homemade face mask recipes to cater to your different skincare needs. As delicious as they may look, just don’t end up eating them.
If you have leftover coffee grounds, don’t throw them away. Make your very own caffeine-infused face scrub to deeply cleanse your skin and get rid of dead skin cells.
1 cup coffee grounds
½ cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon manuka honey
- Stir all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined
- Apply to skin with clean fingers
- Begin gently scrubbing in a circular motion
- Leave the mask on for another 10 to 15 minutes to let it soak into your skin
- Wipe off excess using a disposable towel
This face mask not only moisturises, but also brightens dull skin—helping you look less tired. If you have a long day ahead, this quick pick-me-up only takes about 20 minutes.
1 tablespoon finely grounded oatmeal
1 tablespoon of organic yogurt
1 teaspoon of honey
- Place the yogurt and oatmeal in a small bowl
- Add honey to the mixture and stir until completely dissolved
- Apply the mask to the face and leave for 10 to 15 minutes
- Rinse the mask off with warm water
Avocados have been raved about for years, because of their “magical” skin benefits. If you are looking to prevent or reduce wrinkles, pay attention. This powerhouse mask helps to tackle dark spots and fine lines, all while brightening your complexion.
½ ripe avocado
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Mash the avocado in a bowl with a fork
- Add honey and lemon and mix until well combined
- Apply onto skin with a makeup brush and leave it on for 20 minutes
The Acne Fighter
Even out your skin tone and get rid of bothersome acne with this delightful blend of citrus and spice. Traditionally, Indian brides use turmeric as a body scrub before their big day to achieve a healthy glow.
3 tablespoons grounded rolled oats
1 tablespoon manuka honey
½ teaspoon fresh/grounded turmeric
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Apply onto skin with a makeup brush
- Leave it on your skin for 15 to 20 minutes
- Rinse off gently with warm water
Who knew that marrying matcha and aloe vera can help to improve your appearance? Use this mask 2 to 3 times a week to detoxify and smoothen your skin.
1 tablespoon of pure aloe vera gel from aloe vera leaves
1 tablespoon of matcha powder
- Blend the aloe vera and matcha powder for about 30 seconds (you want the mixture to be slightly clumpy)
- Apply the mixture to your skin with a makeup brush
- Leave it on for 30 to 45 minutes (the longer, the better)
- Rinse off with cold water
Image Credit: Tata Harper